A HQ Operational Marketing senior position to (1) coordinate and prepare a creative and compelling answer to global Requests For Proposals (RFP’s) and Request For Information (RFI’s), to (2) review marketing wise draft proposals made by regional RFP teams and coach where needed and to (3) secure a seamless exchange of compelling tender content globally to ensure that all local inquiry responses are consistant and in line with the firm’s voice, brand and business targets.
Dimensions of role
- The individual will lead from a marketing stand point the RFP answering process from beginning to end and will give to divers stakeholders customer oriented and creative RFP guidance.
- Work transversal with divers HQ / regional and external outsourcing partners to ensure a successful completion of global tenders bid proposals and to create / up date in cooperation with diverse stakeholders a RFP off the shelf database. This role is a critical part of the firm’s RFP process and will work in partnership with Sales representatives, Value Proposition and Product Specialists, Underwriters, Operations, Finance, Innovation, Distribution, IT – staff and others to assure that RFP content and story is customer oriented, well-organized, compelling, up to date and company/legally compliant.
- This role is a producer/manager role – in addition to manage a small RFP team, responsibility also includes writing and production of RFPs/RFIs
- Steering & developing creative Marketing – Commercial RFP replies
- Coordinate and prepare commercial offer by analysing together with responsible sales the RFP, RFI and clients’ strategy to define proposal storyline and content building blocks.
- Collect answer material from divers stakeholders and from dedicated RFP content library and transform/rewrite/design into manageable, compelling and customer oriented content.
- Work closely with Sales teams and collaborate with other stakeholders across the organization to craft tailored, differentiated, well positioned responses that are brought forward in a customer oriented way.
- Produce & design proposal that is visually pleasing, creatively stand out and that represents client identity and dynamism.
- Brief & manage outsourced design agencies for the creation of compelling RFP colaterals in close cooperation with Content Managers.
- Proof – read RFP and edit or recommend adaptations.
- Prepare oral presentation materials and organise dry run / rehearsal with involved stakeholders.
- Develop, store and update RFP marketing content in a consultative RFP database library
- RFP Marketing coordination & guidance
- Manage a structured, organised answer process to RFP/RFI. Prepare proposal writing kick off meetings with all involved departments and ensure timely delivery of milestones.
- Build a ‘on-call’ dedicated RFP taskforce and further industrialise the RFP process and marketing materials.
- Organise post mortum RFP session to distill best practices and improve the answer process efficiency.
- Share best of class RFP content, information and knowledge to regional and local RFP teams and guide where needed.
- Manage RFP operating budget.
Skills and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communications (or related degree).
- Strong writing/editing skills, demonstrated through past experience with RFP answering or comparable activity. Experience writing technical content for proposals and marketing materials.
- Good financial insurance background and knowledge of Assistance Services management domain, or are very interested in acquiring them. Proficient use Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Strong consultative skills, coupled with a desire to meet client needs and exceed expectations.
- Born project manager. Effective and proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- A self-starter, capable of working both independently and in a team environment. Problem solver.
- Ability to build new processes and streamline, industrialise existing ones.
- Native level knowledge of English, and at least proficient in French. Any other language is a plus.
- Collaborative people manager that stimulates dynamism and able to actively engage with key stakeholders in the business and external providers.
- +8y of experience in a bid marketing management role preferred. Experience working with cross – functional international / remote teams.