Our client is looking for a “Snr PV Application Engineer” to support the development of a large photovoltaic projects in Middle East and Africa (several hundreds of MWp).
The position is expected to last for around 6 months and will be directly linked to provide technical support and solar expertise to the development of large-scale projects in Middle East (including comparison and challenge of technical offers, selection and negotiation with international EPC Contractors for such projects in the region).
The main objectives will be to:
- Provide overall technical support and solar PV expertise to Client business teams
- Lead PV plant design optimization:
o Site studies analysis (geotechnical, topographical, hydrological… surveys),
o Main equipment selection,
o DC/AC ratio optimization,
o AC sizing/optimization (inverter type & quantity VS capacitor banks)
o Pitch/GCR/land optimization,
o Grid code compliance,
o MV HV Single Line Diagrams review and optimization,
o If necessary, batterie technology and cycling optimization.
- Review and/or self-perform preliminary designs (Array Layouts, Single Line Diagrams…)
- Review, analyze, clarify, challenge, compare and rank EPC Contractors’ designs and technical proposals (PV plant and interconnection)
- Negotiate technical appendices of EPC Contract and/or any relevant technical bid deliverable with EPC Contractors
The “Snr PV Application Engineer” will have the overall responsibility to optimize the design of Client projects. He will interact with several EPC Contractors to evaluate their technical proposals and ensure that they propose the optimum solution, i.e. the optimal technical design and solution leading to the lowest cost of electricity (or any other relevant selection criteria).
The requested skills and experiences for this position are:
- Knowledge of the various solar PV systems (modules, inverters, transformers, trackers and fix tilt racking) and costs of such systems, with the ability and experience to compare them (based on LCOE or equivalent basis) and thus propose optimum solutions
- Experience with main equipment suppliers (modules, inverters, transformers, racking) and large contractors (at least EPC, and if possible, subcontractors) which are active Middle East
- Experienced on solar PV designs (site studies, civil, mechanical, electrical, DC/AC ratio, pitch/GCR, power factor…)
Client Classification: Restricted Distribution
- Conceptual PV design optimization oriented, with an Electrical background on PV Plant
- Experienced on numerous solar PV International bids
- English fluent
- Ideally Interconnection and/or Energy Storage System expertise